The Historic 1908 Courthouse serves as the Art & Cultural Center of Grayson County, Virginia. The Foundation is a private non-profit corporation whose mission is to preserve the building and make it available to the people of Grayson county and the surrounding areas. The building served as the county courthouse for Grayson County from 1908, when it was built, until 1979 when the county government moved into the new courthouse. Located at the junction of highways US21 and US58 in far southwest Virginia, the 1908 Courthouse is in the center of Independence, the county seat. It is the second courthouse to be built on this spot and the third courthouse overall in the history of the county. Since the Grayson County government moved into their new quarters in the late 1970’s the 1908 Courthouse has been restored and now houses the Crossroads Museum, the Baldwin Auditorium, and the Treasury Gift Shop, as well as offices housing businesses and other non-profit organizations.